Pages

Saturday 19 August 2017

Ultimate Frisbee

Today I participated in Ultimate Frisbee with my p.e class. Unfortunately we played this game outside due to many people that had assignments in the Rec. Ultimate Frisbee is similar to turbo touch but played with a Frisbee instead of a rugby ball. Ultimate Frisbee could be played on any kind of ground but best played on a smooth ground. Ultimate Frisbee is easy to play with a lot of friends as it could get messy if your playing outside and the weather is shifty . Before every game one of your team members will throw the Frisbee up. If you drop the Frisbee it´ll be the other sides Frisbee. You cannot run with the Frisbee if you catch it or it is passed towards you. Anyone is responsible to make their own calls on where the Frisbee goes or if they want the Frisbee.



I put myself as a Achieved, I think that because I participated well in the windy weather, I played well with my full ability due to the game rules.I think I met the criteria due to a lot.


three factors
Fun/enjoyment, sense of achievement & friends/classmates

Fun and enjoyment had a positive affect in m participation as i was enjoying the long passes to Ivan and fluking it. Sense of achievement made me push myself to play harder for me to participate and get the frisbee alot. My friends were all participating very well and i was happy that we were all on fleek with our running and passing

something in the future i can do is practice to do trick shots with frisbees.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Texas, thank you for sharing your reflection I have never played Ultimate Frisbee however a friend of mine is in the New Zealand team for this and travelled all over the world playing. I never realised there was a NZ team until I met her. It would be great to see some photos or video of the game being played so I can get an idea of what is involved. How large is the playing area?

Tania said...

Kia ora Texas,
Like Mark, I have never played Ultimate Frisbee. I had to have a Google to check it out further and watched a YouTube clip. I found out that we have a 9 National teams in NZ and that there is a Secondary School championship. Do you have an Ultimate Frisbee team at Papakura High School? Like Mark said, it would be great to see some photos of you guys in action. Sounds like heaps of fun.
Tania

Post a Comment