Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Sepak Takraw

For today´s activity we played an unusual game called Sepak Takraw which is like volley ball but in this game we cannot use our hands we can only use our knee, chest and head to hit the ball. This game is mostly played in Malaysia. We had to get into pairs of 3 to play this game. This was the first time i have experienced this game and after all it takes a while to get use to it.

I place myself as Achieved, because i think i did really well with my skills and movement. I think i did really well with hitting the ball accurate with my head

3 factors that influenced me were fun/enjoyment, competition,  skill level
My friends in my team were having fun with keeping the ball in the air. I was surprised to see how James can serve the ball like a pro to the other team with some interesting moves. Watching my friends have fun affected me to play more, for example James and Paris would kick the ball to each other and start vibing .

This game was like a competition to me as this was the first time i have ever played Sepak Takraw but i managed to step up to the game and play well with how the game is played. The techniques in this was pretty hard like kicking the ball accurate and trying to kick the ball to my team mate. I really think this game could be played well if we could practice our kicking. My energy level affected me to play more, for example when the ball would come to me i'll be ready to hit it.

My skill level was on fleek. My kicking wasn't accurate enough until we started versing the other teams. My serving was lit, I really enjoyed serving to the other side. I had a lot of energy at the time. My skill level encouraged me to play at my full potential.

Something i can do in the future is just play the game that is given and enjoy.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Texas, for these reflections it is REALLY important you explain HOW the factors affected your participation. So for example: did your skill level make you want to play more or less? why? The assessment is about your participation during the activities, not about the activities. Let me know if you need some help with this, or you could read some of your peers posts for for examples.

Unknown said...

Looks heaps better Texas, great reflection of how the factors affected your participation!

Kathy Miln said...

Hey Texas. I have never heard of Sepak Takraw before. Thank you for explaining it so well. It would be good to see a game of it. Continue playing to full potential.

Post a Comment